How Do Blue Light Glasses Work?
Ever wondered why when people spend more time watching TVs or surfing through digital devices like laptops, tablets, and phones report experiences of dry eyes, eye strains, irritations, headaches, blurred visions, and sleeplessness?
Blame that on blue light. Though the blue light is slightly longer and less potent than the UV waves and is too short for the naked eyes to see, they are considered harmful to your eyes by causing the aforementioned symptoms You will therefore need blue light glasses as your perfect solution. Here, we’ll have a closer look into the new-fangled technology of blue light glasses, whether they actually work, and the best blocking technology for your lenses.
A Quick Navigation:
- What are the blue light glasses?
- Abrief literature reviews on blue light
- The side effects of harmful blue light
- What do blue light glasses help with?
- How do anti-blue-light lenses work?
- How do LivhoNano resin anti-blue-light lenses work?
What are blue light glasses?
Present-day interaction with technology has pushed people to spend more time working and socializing through digital spaces. The resultant effect is the over-exposure that makes your eyes experience symptoms of dry eyes, eye strains, irritations, headaches, blurred visions, and sleeplessness. These effects arise from the fact that your eyes are being affected by the emitted blue light from your device. Perhaps, now you need to start thinking of how to control and block off this emission. The most effective way for you is to rely on blue-light-blocking glasses here.
A brief literature reviews
Even though studies on blue light are still new and mixed, they do point out the negative effects of blue light on human. Symptoms associated with over-exposure to blue light largely revolve around digital devices, unlike the effect amount from the sun. While the sun is the biggest emitter of blue light, we are mostly affected by the emission from incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs and digital devices, given our widespread use of LED devices.
Research reports that adults spend approximately 6 hours daily while children spend 7 hours daily exposed to the blue light courtesy of digital devices. This is an over exposure. Learn more here
Studies have also provided that exposure impacts your eyes by causing fatigue, eyestrain, sleeplessness, and headaches. Investigators have linked these findings to the fact that your eyes have structures that offer protection against some kind of light to your cornea, and the lens protects your light-sensitive retina at the back of your eyes against the damaging effects of powerful rays such as UV rays. However, these structures do not block the blue light you are largely exposed to. Learn more here.
Though the blue light is not as intense as UV light, which could completely destroy your eyes, it causes the musculoskeletal and physiological issues that makes you feel fatigue, eyestrain, sleeplessness, and headaches.
The side effects of harmful blue light
The side effects of blue light are not as potent as UV light for not all blue light is harmful to our eyes. The wavelength of blue light is between 380nm-500nm, during which the shorter the wavelength is, the larger the energy it emits. Such high energy emitted from blue light to our eyes will pose hazard to an extent. Typically, blue light in the wavelength between 400nm-460nm will do harm to us, which therefore, needs our attention. Though this is the case, you should note that the harmful effects of long-term exposure to blue light in the wavelength between 460nm-500nm can’t be ignored, which is still under investigations. Check here to learn more
1. On human eyes
2. On sleep cycle
Exposure to blue light, such as through your phone, controls and messes with your sleep-and-wake cycle, the circadian rhythm. This occurs by blocking your melatonin hormone, responsible for making you sleep. This is essentially true during the night, where exposure to blue light hinders us from sleeping or feeling drowsy and makes us alert instead. More details
Picture showing effects of blue light on our sleep cycle. Retrieved from (pinterest.com/pin/548172585899996584/)
What do blue light glasses help with?
- On human eye
- Reduce eye strain-This will enable you to enjoy your digital surfing moments by reducing eye fatigue, blurred vision, discomforts, and headaches.
- Protect your eyes-Using blue light glasses protect your eyes against the risks of a damaged light-sensitive retina causing a muscular degeneration that may eventually make you blind.
- Fewer Headaches- Wearing blue light glasses allows you to block the blue light that would otherwise lead to migraine attacks that exacerbate headaches.
- Makes you look professional: Wearing blue light glasses makesyou look professional and stylish while interacting out and with your digital devices.
- On sleep cycle
The glasses will block blue rays from reaching your eyes at night, thus protecting you from the delayed release of melatonin hormone for your sleep. You will have better sleep considering an unaffected circadian rhythm. Contest Code:LIVHO3
How do anti-blue-light lenses work?
As a solution to the blue light effect on your eyes, you will need to use anti-blue light lenses to block the blue rays from reaching your eyes. But do you know how this happens? The work is primarily based on two technologies; the technology of color infusion and anti-blue light coating.
- The technology of color infusion
This technology works by coloring lenses, glasses, and the thermoplastic parts from clear, translucent, or opaque forms into colored lenses. The infusion technology works by placing the lenses in a heated bath holding a dispersion of dyestuff. The lenses are placed in the coloring solution until the preferred color depth is achieved. The dye infiltrates into the lens, removing color rub-off. The embedded colored resins on blue light lenses enable the lenses, and the parts adopt depth of colors that effectively block the harmful blue rays from reaching your eyes. More details here.
- A nice anti-blue light effect
- Offers a cost-effective and environmentally friendlier option to the coating technology.
- This leads to visual effects in the daily use of lenses.
- Makes lenses vulnerable to discoloration and aging.
- Lowers the transmission of visible light.
- Lenses in pale and yellow-tinted
- Yellow and orange lenses
- Grey and red lenses.
- The technology of anti-blue-light coating
Blue light glasses can work by adding anti-blue-light coating on glasses, particularly designed to prevent blue light from passing through the lenses. Such anti-blue-light lenses also can help to reduce glare too. The coatings are applied to your lenses on either one side or on both the front and the back sides to control the amount of blue light that gets into your eyes. Still, this application could either be one-sided film coating or two-sided film coating.
One-sided film coating
Occurs when a thin multi-layer coating that eliminates glares and reflections of blue light is applied on one side of your lenses surface.
- The lenses are transparent and clear without tint.
- Brighter reflection will affect lenses appearance;
- The lenses' inner surface will reflect harmful blue light into the eye
- No tint but an intense reflection
Double-side film (coating)
This works by applying a thin multi-layer coating that eliminates glares and reflections of blue light from both sides of your lenses. Specifically, the procedure involves applying a high-reflection film of blue light to the outer surface while applying an anti-reflection film to the inner surface.
- Lenses are transparent and clear
- High transmittance
- Lower blocking rate of blue light.
- The lenses are yellow-tinted.
How do Livho Nano resin anti-blue-light lenses work?
The livho nano resin anti-blue-light lenses work based on the invention of nano compound resin materials and lenses. A material that comprises macromolecules resin and core-shell type transition metal oxide nanoparticles with UV light absorber dispersed within the macromolecule resin. Check more here. This technology permanently and efficiently shields high energy harmful blue light with wavelengths within 380-450nm and UV light, making your vision clearer and softer under different light environments. Using our Livho lenses offers you a product embedded with the blue light compound resin material with excellent overall performance.
How this technology works
- Lenses are made in nano anti-blue-light resins
- inorganic nanoparticles are introduced into the resin matrix to obtain an anti-blue-light monomer material, which is used to make anti-blue-light lenses
- High transmittance for the beneficial blue light to avoid dazzle and irregular astigmatism: beneficial blue light is kept for the eyes
- High absorptivity of harmful blue light in the wavelength between 380-450nm to reduce eye-related disease and improve sleep quality: harmful blue light is blocked and reduced
- Block UV rays with the wavelength within 280-380 nm
Livho Nano Resin Anti-Blue-Light Technology.
· Block up to 95% harmful blue ray
· Good light transmission.
· Block UV rays and glare
· High impact resistance.
· It can meet special needs.
· Environment-friendly due to the organic resin macromolecule particles.
The technology of color infusion (“in-mass” technology).
· A nice anti-blue light effect
· Offers a cost-effective and environmental friendlier option to the coating technology
· This leads to visual effects in the daily use of lenses.
· Makes lenses vulnerable to discoloration and aging.
· Lowers the transmission of visible light.
The technology of Anti-Blue-Light Coating(one-side)
· Lenses are transparent and clear without tinct.
· High transmittance
· Brighter reflection will affect lenses appearance;
· The lenses' inner surface will reflect harmful blue light into the eye
· Need for constant cleaning that may lead to scratching.
The technology of Anti-Blue-Light Coating(double-side)
· Lenses are transparent and clear
· High transmittance
· Lower blocking rate of blue light.
· Need for constant cleaning that may lead to scratching.
However, for your best choice, we recommend the Livho nanometer resin anti-blue-light lenses to offer you the best experience ever.
This article confirms that blue light is responsible for uncomfortable experiences of your when exposed to digital LED devices. Though the article acknowledges that studies in this field are still new and ongoing, it affirms that the side effects of blue light can’t be ignored and need our attention. Typically, blue light in the wavelength between 400nm-460nm will do harm to us.
The article leaks to you that a solution is readily available for your experiences of dry eyes, eye strains, irritations, headaches, blurred visions, and sleeplessness when you are overexposed to sunlight, digital devices, TVs, fluorescent, and incandescent bulbs. Consider resolving the problem using anti-blue light lenses that have been proven based on the three technologies aforementioned: the Livho Nano Resin Anti-Blue-Light Technology, the Technology of Color Infusion (“In-Mass” Technology), and the Technology of Anti-Blue-Light Coating.
Nonetheless, this article advices that if you are searching for the best technology, the solution for your eyes lies with the Livho nano resin anti-blue-light lenses. The Livho nano resin anti-blue-light lenses will enable you to enjoy your digital surfing moments by making your eyes comfortable, reducing your experience of eye fatigue, blurred vision, discomforts, and headaches. They will also block your eyes from dazzle and irregular astigmatism.